Located five minutes from downtown in South Knoxville, three generations of the Davenport-Stanley family continue traditions on land once called the Davenport Farm.
A portion of the land was deeded to the family by Tennessee Governor William Blount’s half brother Willie Blount in the early 1800’s. Agriculture was the main focus from the beginning and the Davenport Farm became one of the largest wheat producers in Knox County. One hundred years later growing produce and cut flowers took center stage. Most of these products were sold downtown on Market Square.
Charlie Davenport's grandson, Charles Stanley and his wife Mary Kathryn changed the family's focus toward horticulture when they built the first greenhouse in 1955. By gradually building more greenhouses, Stanley’s Greenhouse and Plant Farm now totals over 190,000 square feet with the addition of the 36,000-square-foot retail center which opened in 2001.
By continually expanding our selections of new and heirloom plant material, Stanley's ensures that its customers can find what they are looking for, whether it’s houseplants, vegetable plants, trees, shrubs, flowers, or herbs. We like to think of ourselves as the ultimate “green” business. After all, at Stanley's Greenhouse, Green is our middle name!